Monday, December 13, 2004

Desperate NBA Stars

  • Karl Malone makes a pass at Kobe Bryant's wife?

  • I'm 100% long the stock market, so it's a little boring for me right now. The major decision coming up is when to sell. But I think the bias this week is up. Normally after options expiration week, I'd get a little more defensive. Maybe institutions will want to lock in some gains for the year, but I think it's more likely to see a lack of selling into year end. We'll see.

  • The big battle lines over Social Security are being laid out before us. The GOP saying it needs to be fixed; the Democrats saying it's fine, all we need to do is raise taxes. And there you have it.

  • Netflixin'... Paycheck was a good movie.

  • Can anyone keep track of the people in Bush's new cabinet?

  • Kobe's wife is a hottie. Not that I look at other men's wives, but that's what other people tell me. hahahha.

  • Sometimes when I get the urge to snack, I just have a bowl of Cheerios.

  • One of the Democrat lines about Social Security, is that it's not an investment, but a safety net. That the original intent is that it should be more like insurance. Of course, when FDR created Social Security, he set the retirement age to 65 which was the life expectancy for the period (1930's). I guess we could index it to life expectancy if we want to go back to the original intent concept, eh?

  • President Bush says he needs to drop a few pounds. Too many donuts on the campaign trail. I thought that was kind of funny. Whatever diet approach he takes could create a new fad. Probably won't be Atkins, though. Stick a fork in that fad.

  • Other than just tickin' off Kobe, why would Malone go after anybody's wife? He probably has quite a selection available at his whim. Yeah - tick off Kobe I guess.

  • Meet the Fokkers!

blog comments powered by Disqus