Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Blowin' Bubbles

  • When I was a kid, I remember my grandmother buying those bottles of liquid bubbles.  And then when we ran out, she'd try to make more using laundry soap.  Which never quite worked out the same.  Don't know why I just though of it.
  • Why did XM and Sirius merge?  Do you care?  I'm not quite ready to pay for radio just yet.  Of course, I'm a net radio guy and record via replay radio and listen via my MP3 player (smartphone) during workouts, commuting, biking, etc.
  • Are you watching American Idol?  This is horrrrible.  Everyone sounds bad.  Flat.  Pitchy.  All over the place.  Maybe it's all just nerves, because I think some of these folks have some voices.  But so far... sheesh!
  • Demise of the shorts from Herbie.  Sign of the times: In a market that is going straight up, short sellers are becoming an endangered species. Even brokers who specialize in finding "short ideas" a bet that prices will fall are dwindling.
  • Ah, here's the reason for today's market rampage: U.S. stocks rose on Tuesday, sending the Dow Jones Industrial Average to a record closing level, as reassuring comments from Federal Reserve Governor Susan Bies, along with upbeat results from Wal-Mart Stores Inc. and merger news, helped offset disappointing earnings from Home Depot Inc.  Thanks, Susie!
  • The buy signal is on at Jason's.
  • Can you tell that work is stressing me out?  I mean, it's been a rough year so far.  Just tons of balls in the air, conflict, deadlines, etc.  Bleh.

blog comments powered by Disqus