Saturday, July 07, 2007

Metallica Plays Live Earth

I'm working around the house with the news on. A clip comes on showing Metallica playing live at Live Earth.

Suddenly, I feel a strange desire to replace my incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescents. Before I run to Home Depot, I go to the hard drive to find the Metallica song in MP3 format which I legally purchased.

I open the MP3 in some software that lets me play the music backwards.

There it is: Backwards masking! I think I heard "You must stop CO2 emissions. You must decrease your energy use. CAFE standards must be increased. You must purchase carbon offsets. George Bush is Satan. Post more pictures of Jessica Alba."

Of course, maybe one just hears what one wants to hear when the music spins backwards...

blog comments powered by Disqus