Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

  • Happy St. Patrick's Day! I did not wear green today, so feel free to cyber pinch me.
  • Well, another day, another down day.  Ho hum.  The usual.  I'm so used to the prevaling Bear Market Mode, that as long as the market doesn't lose more than 2% a day, I consider that a good day.  "Phew, only lost 1.5% today.  Reason to celebrate!"
  • I'm still a bull.  The Fed's moves and the government stimulus package will work.  So I'm ignoring the bears and working on my March Madness brackets here.   Remaining 100% long
  • I had KFNN on this morning on the drive in.  They have "Two guys and your money" hosting the drive show.  I don't know anything about them, but they were saying that we've had four months in a row of negative returns, and that this has only happened 4 times in the last 15 years.  And we haven't ever had five months in a row of negative returns.  I didn't fact check this.  But kind of amazing if true.
  • Right Wing Nut House comparing Brad DeLong to Paul Krugman to Larry Kudlow, and with other comments on the economy (Read it!):

DeLong is a happy medium between Paul "The Sky is Falling" Krugman and Larry "Don't worry be happy" Kudlow. Krugman has been predicting catastrophe for so long they kicked him out of the Cassandra Club for being wrong so often. Kudlow has been seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for so long that he's been declared legally blind.

  • As I've been typing, working, lunching, etc., the market has recovered into the clothes with the DOW in the Green!  Ah, Happy St. Patrick's Day indeed.  Not so for the other indexes.  So feel free to pinch them, too.

blog comments powered by Disqus