Wednesday, March 12, 2008

She Who Shall Not Be Named

  • So I don't know about premonitions, time travel, or seeing the future.  Except for what I see on TV like Star Trek, Journeyman, and Miss Cleo.  But sometimes life is strange.
  • Last night I had a dream about she who shall not be named.  I haven't really thought about her for quite awhile.  Cliff notes if you choose not to read the link or are short on time is that Cupid blasted me with an arrow not set on stun many years ago, she's married and on the opposite coast, yadda yadda yadda, and very infrequently we exchange emails.  Ah, just checked:  Last September. I will always feel emotionally and spiritually connected to her.  Nothing I can do about that it seems.  Helpless.  Hapless.  Hopeless.
  • The dream:  I was playing golf with her and her husband.  Both of them were hitting par on every hole.  Me?  I was in the rough, behind trees, and my chip shots were sailing past the greens or going backwards.  Playing so poorly that I was just picking up my ball on every hole.  And we're chatting along the way about this and that.  The husband is telling me on every shot, that I'll never make it.  Meanwhile, she's encouraging me and telling me "you'll do better on the next hole."
  • I wake up.  I think, "Ugh. Stupid subconscious."  Why not dream about Grace Park instead?  Choose wisely, subconscious!  Let sleeping dogs lie, for goodness sakes.  Why bring that up again, you know?  So now she's on my mind while I'm getting up and about.
  • So back in the real world, I'm carpooling to work, and my phone buzzes with a message that I have an email.  Guess who?  Yeah, she who shall not be named.  WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?  Nothing for months, then in the same day a vivid dream, followed up by an email.
  • Er.  Argh.  Unfrikkenbuhleevable.  Truth is stranger than science-fiction.

blog comments powered by Disqus