Friday, August 15, 2008

Cheesecake Factory Friday

As I mentioned on Twitter earlier, I went to the California State Fair tonight, and the place was empty. Not many folks there. I was able to park close to the entrance. Maybe it was because it was the first day and over 100 degrees, but I've been there before and Sacramentans don't seem phased by that. The hypnotist who works a stage there even commented, "We need to fill this place up!"

There were also Chinese acrobats on stage. So I know where the gymnasts who are over the age of 15 work for a living.

Instead of eating greasy fair food, I headed to the nearby Cheesecake Factory (CAKE). Last time I was there on a Friday night it was over an hour wait. Tonight? 5 minutes! And patio seating was available immediately.

I think it was Peter Lynch who said to "buy what you know." But at least here in Sacramento you can see signs that consumers are stretched and conserving dollars.

I just checked the Black Box Jr., and it had a buy signal on CAKE as of mid-July. No sell signal yet, If other CAKE's in the country have 5-minute waits during primetime friday nights, I'd be scared to death to hold that stock into earnings.

But they do make some very good cheesecake. Didn't have any, though...

(In Edit: Copycatting Adam Warner by trying the Disqus comment system).