Sunday, August 03, 2008

Watch Muckdog Lose Virtual Dollars!

I've been refining the Black Box timing system I use to trade. I'm now going to virtual trade the system to get comfortable with it. I've created two portfolios over at Herdstreet. Herdstreet has the capability of embedding widgets to track the portfolio. Hopefully, the whole thing works well enough to have some fun with.

"Black Box Jr." will track a portfolio of individual stocks. Long or cash only, no shorting. This portfolio will start with $100,000 in cash. I anticipate building positions over time as the signals come in.

"Long Short" will track the trading of the the Nasdaq 100 and its inverse, via the QQQQ and PSQ. This portfolio will start with $10,000 in cash. The QQQQ are now on a buy signal, so I will start with the next signal generated.

I haven't tried Herdstreet, so this is all experimental. The site seems to be down right now, as a matter of fact. Anyways, I'll post the portfolio updates on days that trades are made, and at the end of the week to track progress. Posts will be tagged "portfolio" to make them easy to find down the road.

Disclaimor: None of the picks should be considered a recommendation to buy or sell. I may or may not have positions in the stocks mentioned.

blog comments powered by Disqus