Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day Randomosity

The market loves me, the market loves me not... Split tape, with the Dow down but the SP500 and NASDAQ up.

  • Reason du jour? Lack of volume. Energy and commodity shares lifted Wall Street to modest gains on Monday, but the lowest volume so far this year indicated the equity rally may be near a top.

  • Maybe the low volume indicates that traders were lined up at See's Candies and Victoria Secret today.

  • Office romances to avoid. Most people who've set foot in a workplace have considered sleeping with a colleague at some point during their career. "Considered." Lol. Like there's logic behind the human sex drive.

  • Warren Buffett (not pictured) liquidates Bank of America stake. $BAC. Wouldn't it be nice to know before Buffett makes his trades? I can't think that there is an advantage to knowing after the fact!

  • I'm still long but in lower beta stuff.

  • If you watched the YouTube video or listened to the Audioboo, you know I'm on a journey of better fitness through bodybuilding. Yesterday was chest and abs day, and am I sore. Yikes. I will post my fitness routine soon.

  • Victoria Barret (hubba hubba) writes that Silicon Valley is back to 2004 employment levels. I thought that was pretty good news. If there has been excess capacity in anything, it's been IT. Remember when everyone was going to be a web designer?


blog comments powered by Disqus