Sunday, February 02, 2014

How Bad is this Super Bowl?

  • image How bad is this super bowl? I’m on the web and blogging.
  • Asian markets down as I type. Asian shares were slowly giving ground on Monday as strains in emerging markets show little sign of abating, while growing pressure for another policy easing in Europe shoved the euro to 10-week lows.
  • US futures were up, but fading as I type.
  • First year in at least 20 that I haven’t thrown a super bowl party, or been to one.
  • Monday earnings and active stocksYum Brands Inc., Take-Two Interactive Software Inc., Anadarko Petroleum Corp. and Sysco Corp. are among the stocks expected to see active trading during Monday’s session.
  • Earnings season is about half over.  I’ve been playing some earnings, which is something everyone knows you’re not supposed to do.
  • Like taking an offensive team over a defensive team in the super bowl.
  • Man, I missed it.  Bet on emotion and took Peyton.  Even though we all know defensive teams usually win, right?
  • More on the January Indicator from Mark Hulbert.

blog comments powered by Disqus