Friday, June 28, 2019

TGIF, Kamala Harris, Netflix, Taco Bell...

  • Looks to me like Kamala Harris will be the eventual winner of the Democratic Primary.
  • One worrying economic sign reared up this morning, as the Chicago PMI falls into contraction.  The PMI fell to 49.7, the lowest levels since January, 2017.  Readings under 50 are a sign of contracting conditions.   The ISM number will come out Monday, and we shall see if that confirms.
  • Is Netflix thinking about adding an advertising tier?  Ugh!  I hate ads!  I can't remember the last time I watched anything on real TV, other than sports.  Even then, sometimes I record the game and give it about a 30 minute head start, then start watching and fast-forwarding through ads.  Anyone else do that?  Anyway, ads might bump up revenues for Netflix, right?z
  • Speaking of, I started watching the final season of Jessica Jones this week...
  • Yo quiero Taco Bell!  Reservations for the new Taco Bellhotel sold out in two minutes.  The Bell is located in Palm Springs, CA, and pricing starts at $169 per night.  Actually, this is the kind of thing I could see myself doing once.  Taco Bell food, too!
  • June was a month for the gold bugs, as the metal had its biggest monthly gain in three years. Why?  Fed easing and a weaker dollar?  Iran?
  • Love the week of the 4th of July.

blog comments powered by Disqus