Friday, December 23, 2005

Friday's (More) Quick Hits

I bet I can beat the traffic home, Muck!

 
  • Why not do another blog entry?  The Fun Factory is not releasing us early today.  I've just made it through a banana and a sampler box of Whitman's chocolates.  Eh, life is good!

  • The market?  It barely budged today.  I did get a chance to listen to Cramer's podcast while I was out at lunch.  He really likes Altria.  He was saying 60% of China's male population smokes.  OK, well my take is that on one end, we can invest in cigarettes.  And on the other end, Big Pharma companies with cancer treatments in their pipelines.  I don't directly own any of the above.  Yet. 

  • The housing market has indeed cooled off.  One of my coworkers who recently started speculating is getting a bit nervous.  He's underwater a little now, and he has been letting his house sit vacant.  He thought he'd be in and out so fast, he didn't need to bother with a renter because the monthly expenses wouldn't amount to much compared to the HUGE real estate profits.  Well, now he's just hoping it goes up enough so that he can dump it to break even.  (Gee, sounds a lot like Cisco shareholders from 2000).

  • Hey, I wonder if Gold investors today will experience that sort of thiing?  Just wondering out loud.

  • The Whitman's sampler was a coworker gift.  It had one dark chocolate over coconut, one chocolate covered caramel, one pure chocolate, and something with a chocolate cream inside.

  • Whoa!  Jason says the neutral signal is on!  Hurry up and.... well... and.... uh... hmm.  Hey, I like Jason and am a daily reader.  And on a stock day like today, his neutral signal seemed to be right on the money!

  • Have you had chocolate chip cookies from The Chippery?  Oh.  My.  Goodness.  A coworker here at the Fun Factory has a kid who was doing a fundraiser, and selling these tubs of frozen cookie dough..   Awesome.   Just awesome.  They make outstanding cookies.

  • Ticker Sense has some interesting charts up regarding US Strategists' Historical Recommended Asset Allocations.  Looks like they have a little room to chase stocks higher, but check out the late 90's rush to hop on the mania bandwagon!  Same thing with the bond rally.  That silly crowd mentality again.

  • I think have to do a little more shopping, but I'm in the Fantasy Football championship game this weekend.  This league does it a week early because they're trying to avoid teams resting players. 

  • Well, I've hit too many roadblocks today.  No, not like the Amazing Race kind, you silly reality TV show fan!  Plus, I'm out of Whitman's samplers.  I do have an unopened box of See's here, but then what would I munch on next week?

blog comments powered by Disqus