Wednesday, December 14, 2005

If You See Kay


 
  • Got in a little argument with some folks here at the Fun Factory.  They wanted to have a 7:30am meeting.  I balked.  Who has meetings at 7:30am?  Of course, I lost that argument and got my butt in here early for that meeting.
  • On The Amazing Race last night, I would've taken a win from anybody but the Florida team.  Got it.  I was kind of pulling for the Bransens, but the Lintzes get an OK from me.  Florida blew it in Montreal.  It was all clicking for them until they had to find the entrance and the flight tickets.  The next series begins in February, and it looks like it's back to couples.  Good thing.  I like that style better than this style.
  • The markets?  Well.  Kind of boring for an options expiration week.  We have a couple dull trading weeks ahead of us, and "they" say never short a dull tape.  I'm hearing lots of folks talk about a sell-off in January.   So many, that I wonder if this latest flatness reflects that fear.  The contrarian at me scoffs at "their" crystal balls.  (Of course, I too am seeing lots of internal weakness and sells in my Black Box).
  • The meeting originators told me that this was the only time folks were available today.  Huh?  7:30am?  
  • If you see Kay, tell her I need her. - April Wine.
  • Bill Cara, on blog plagiarism.  This word-for-word lifting of somebody else's comments is wrong, I think. 
  • I went into my Outlook calendar, and blocked out all times before 8am, after 4pm, and 11:00-1:00.  Don't schedule a meeting with me when I'm waking up, hungry, or about to leave.
  • I do like that financial stocks are strong and chipper.  Somebody wondered about that.   Saying that they really shouldn't be in a rising rates environment.  But what if the stocks are front-running the expectation that rates won't rise much longer?  Just thinking out loud.
  • Unfortunately,somebody booked an 11am meeting.  And I'm hungry.  Sigh.  I'll say whatever it takes to end that meeting early.  "Any questions?"  (Greeted by a shaking head, and a growling stomach...)

 

blog comments powered by Disqus