Monday, December 05, 2005

Monday Quick Hits

  • So, more sell signals are popping up in my Black Box. I mentioned the SMH semiconductor sell Thanksgiving week, and some of the bank sell signals shortly thereafter. Not that they meant much during a low-volume holiday week. But as of friday, I was seeing more sell signals from the Black Box in some financials and finaly my Microsoft. I haven't made any trades off these signals as of yet, as the sell signals themselves are often just signs of consolidation. "It depends" I like to say. Just because my Black Box generates a buy or sell signal, doesn't mean that I'm going to do anything.

  • But, the sell signals are piling up rapidly in various stocks and sectors I follow, combined with some buy signals in areas that tend to move opposite of stocks. So, I'm thinking about whether to lower beta or take profits in some and move to the sidelines. Again, not doing anything yet.

  • (None of this is a recommendation. Just a diary of my thoughts.)

  • Desperate Housewives is getting weak. I'm losing interest rapidly. Too many story lines that I just don't care about. Anything involving Susan (Teri Hatcher) bores me. Anything involving Mike the plumber or his creepy kid who is now back with the guy who stole him (as a baby), is hard to watch. And that creepy black family who locks one kid in the basement isn't doing much for me. The only story lines I'm interested in are Lynette's and Gabrielle's. I can handle Bree's a little.

  • Fantasy Football? Well, in one league I'm getting pounded. But I've locked up a playoff spot so it doesn't matter much. In the other league, I'm fighting for a playoff spot and I think I'm up in that one heading into tonight.

  • The Texas-USC game should be a dandy. They slaughtered colorado and UCLA, respectively, on saturday. I think USC will win, and I think they're a touchdown favorite.

  • The market is pulling back a bit today, as we end the monthly 401(k) buying cycle. The market tends to be a little weak heading into options expiration week (next week).

  • Slow day at work. Mondays are normally a little slower. I think over half of my team is off today. Of course, we're starting a new project next week so I'm for everyone relaxing a bit this week. Maybe get their online shopping done and such. It's going to get rather busy quickly.

  • More later...

blog comments powered by Disqus