Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Did Ya

Profit taking?

 
  • I think there's a latter day Kinks song named Did Ya.  Which is kind of what I'm contemplating this wednesday afternoon.  As in "Did ya ever think you'd feel burned out, maxed out, and trying to run on all cylanders?"  I'm getting tons done, and the light at the end of the tunnel is coming.  (I'm not the type who thinks it's an oncoming train.)  But for now, I'm swamped.

  • Since I'm swamped, it's hard for me to read much news or stay on top of the markets.  I do run some scans at night which led me to the idea of profit taking today should we get a bump up.  I'm starting to think everything is getting extended.  One of the signs is when folks start talking about trading options.  Yes.  I'm hearing that again.  Yeesh.  I know how that one will end for most folks.  Whenever the market has a move up like we've had since October, it always looks easy in retrospect.  And some people made a ton.

  • Yes, I'm a low-beta man in the market now.  I participate at a reduced rate no matter which way the index goes.  I am still long.  I am still bullish about the economy.  I do think the market will go higher this year.  But I'm willing to take some gains off the table for now.

  • I'll be humming Did Ya for the rest of the day now!

  • Lost has a 2-hr show tonight.  Something to look forward to.

  • Market orders to sell on the See's candies in the office.  My coworkers are handing out holiday candy.  I'm trying to steer clear of those aisles.

  • Take a look at some of the links on the sidebar.  Those are some good blogs.

  • I've thought a little about Arnold Schwarzenegger's budget for CA.  He's spending tons.  I don't think it's a Republican vs. Democrat thing anymore.  I think as Americans, we all want everything now.  And credit is the way we live our lives.  I understand the politicians grabbing on to the same concepts.  Whether it's a big screen TV or new lanes on highways, we all want it NOW!

blog comments powered by Disqus