Sunday, January 01, 2006

First Day of 2006

  • I just couldn't get interested in football today. I won my fantasy league last week, so these games just seemed so meaningless. I no longer care how Santana Moss does. Next season, he may even be the enemy!

  • Everybody seems bearish on 2006. Everybody seems to expect a January selloff. Everybody seems to expect the election cycle selloff. Everybody seems to think that we're sliding into a recession. My note? Emphasis on the "everybody." Just thinking out loud.

  • I moved the Fantastic Four up in the Netflix queue. Just so you know! And the Battlestar Galactica season 2 DVDs will be available January 17th. Nerdy is as nerdy does.

  • I'm tired of Holiday Food. The breads. The chocolates. The cheese and crackers. The whole Holiday hullaballoo. Blech. Time to move on.

  • The entertainment sections in papers are a-buzz with what's coming up on the "second season" of Television. I read American Idol starts in a few weeks, but the first competition isn't until near the end of February! Until then, it's makin' fun of bad singers!

  • Check out some of the blog links to the right for 2006 predictions. I haven't decided on 2006, yet. I've been looking at some of the Asian ETFs, though. Running them through the Black Box looking for buys/sells. One interesting country ETF is Malaysia, but not yet. Just noting for future reference, not buying. I really don't know much about the political climate there. I don't like the "communists might take over" countries in South America or Latin America. No thanks. I'm more interested in countries moving in the other direction.

  • OK, this is tough on a Treo. G'night.

blog comments powered by Disqus