Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Tuesday Trifecta (Fed, GOOG, Bush)

  • The actor who plays the President on 24 does a good job of creeping me out.

  • Speaking of creeping me out, see Google afterhours? For those of you who were part of the internet mania, don't you get the feeling that at some point in the future, this stock is going to be in the single digits? I just don't know about this whole pay-per click revenue model. I wonder if companies will say "You know, nobody ever clicks on our ads" and then cancel their ads. We'll see. Just thinking out loud.

  • (I owned GOOG at $158, and sold it at $170 back in the day. What do I know?)

  • Greenspan did his last gig as Fed Chairman before he heads out on the speaking circuit. Can you imagine Greenspan getting a big fee for his speeches, when nobody can understand what he says? Well, he didn't give investors warm fuzzies today with his parting comments, but I think folks are now just seeing what Helicopter Ben will do.

  • I think I have time to pick up a pizza before President Bush's State of the Union. I think he's going to push alternative energy and health care savings accounts. He should push conservation. Drive less. Eat less. And exercise more. That'd help out energy issues and health care issues right there!

blog comments powered by Disqus