Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Wednesday's Late Quick Hits

  • The market had a rough start today with the Yahoo and Intel earnings weighing it down. But the market rebounded quite well, as it anticipated more positive earnings from companies after hours today. Tomorrows open should be interesting. I didn't change my positions today. Remain mostly long in low-beta stuff with some cash on the sidelines. I wanted to buy something today, but just because I was feeling the itch isn't a reason to be impatient.

  • I've watched the opening rounds of American Idol, and I'm getting a bit bored with the bad singers. I do like to see folks melt down, though.

  • Did you see the story about the guy who lost weight to escape from prison?

  • It's also options week, so market volatility should be the norm. Oh, and the month of February isn't usually a good one for stocks. Although if we're selling off ahead of it, folks are trying to front it and therefore it's all meaningless! And if that weren't enough, we also have the election year cycle where we get a pretty big selloff and a rally. Sheez!

  • Lost is on in a few... hoo!

blog comments powered by Disqus