Saturday, April 09, 2011

In the On-Deck Circle: Earnings Season!

imageEarnings Season starts Monday!

And Manny Ramirez retired before he had to report a positive or negative surprise.  I think we were all guessing “positive,” right?

Alcoa kicks the ball off on Monday.  They always get to go first.

Investors will looking towards forward guidance and capital expenditures.  Are companies willing to spend money, hire, and invest?

The stock market still seems to be somewhat mired in a trading range from here to the correction lows in March.  Although we have been at slightly higher-highs, I don’t think the market is out of the woods, yet.  This could be a “double-top” even if we exceed the previous range by just a few points.

***

FWIW, I remain invested with a lower-beta.  As I have since I sold the higher beta on January 18th.  Not doing much but watching.

blog comments powered by Disqus