Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Quick Hits

* Insomnia hit last night, so I put an ear bud in and listened to late night talk. Usually that puts me to sleep, but last night I got involved in this story about mass transit in SF raising fares and how it was a blow to the poor and such. There were interviews with people who were just outraged. The reason this struck me funny (strange), was because it seems like a few months ago, mass transit workers were striking or threatening strikes for more wages and benefits; which, they got. So a few months down the road, is anyone surprised that "HEY! WE NEED MORE CASH!" You think money grows on trees? Nope. Somebody has to pay for the salaries and benefits.

* I like getting haircuts. I drive around and find the hottest Asian hairstylist I can, and get in the chair and flirt the best I can. My favorite part is when she asks me what I'd like... I usually just hold her glance for longer than what's comfortable, then smile and raise my eyebrows, sometimes raze her body with my eyes, and then totally blow it and say something really dumb. I should just keep it simple. HOW YOU DOIN'...

* Federal Reserve meeting watch.

* Do you get the feeling that the medical profession and drug companies are trying to jigger the numbers so that everyone is required to take medication? I say this, because it seems like they've put target numbers on various tests at such a low threshold, that the only people who have a chance at not getting a dire warning are low-fat Vegans.

* People get excited about their 3% raises, while the CPI marches on at 3%. Inflation is really about more money in the system. That's why I don't believe the Living Wage folks get it. You can raise the minimum wage to $1,000,000 an hour, and it won't help poverty. If you raise the floor, the walls push up the ceiling. There's no blanket approach to solve poverty. Each individual has to motivate themselves to attain a skill set.

* The last haircut I had was from a very hot Filipina. I thought things were going well, and maybe I'd get a phone number. Then she started witnessing to me about God. Which falls along my beliefs anyways, so I suppose that was fine. But at the time, I was more thinking about a handjob. We are all sexual beings, you know. Thank God!

* Tick-tock Tuesday.

* My next phone will have MobiTV.

* Have you seen the pastrami burger commercial on TV? I think it's Carl's Jr who makes it. That thing looks like it'd max out tons of stats on the nutrition guide.

* Is handjob one word, or two?

blog comments powered by Disqus