Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Do Three Rights Make a Left?

  • The stock market enjoying the normally bullish seasonal effect of money flowing into 401(k) plans. In addition, this is also a holiday week of sorts with Easter coming up.  I believe this week is traditionally one of the strongest of the years.  I'm continuing with some mo-mo stocks to play it in the shorter time frame, but for the longer time frame I am keeping the majority of holdings in a more conservative posture, with some cash on the sidelines, and a little QID.  Which isn't doing that well today.
  • The trip to San Francisco yesterday was nice.  Weather was mid-60's and sunshine, with no wind or fog to deal with. 
  • Driving in SF is always a challenge if one doesn't know exactly where one is going or if road construction obstacles have changed the playing field since one's last trip.  For the most part, left turns are outlawed in SF.  That means in order to make a left, you have to make 3 right turns sometimes and overshoot your target so you can backtrack and hit it from an angle where you can make a right turn or can drive straight in.  It's annoying yet comical.  By the time I was headed out of the city, I was ready to get the heck out of there.
  • For the CNBC contest, as I mentioned last week my plan is to remain long until later this week when the seasonal effect should end.  I'm thinking I'll sell either tomorrow or thursday.  CNBC only lets you trade end of day, so I don't want to be caught in a rush for the exits.   Probably tomorrow's close, so I can have another day to rotate into some more safe harbors.
  • Didn't your parents always tell you that two wrongs don't make a right?  In SF, three rights make a left.

blog comments powered by Disqus