Thursday, April 26, 2007

Speculation: A Milton Bradley Game!

  • Speculation: A Milton Bradley game. (Remember those commercials>)  Yes, it looks as if investors are throwing caution to the wind and we are in the speculative phase of the market move.  Look at these huge moves on earnings.  This could go on for a bit.
  • In that light, in the CNBC stock contest I'm selling all of my AAPL and USNA at the close.  I'm buying stocks of companies reporting earnings after the bell, and today picking (mostly at random) DOX and MSFT.  I went to Earnings Whispers to find who was releasing earnings today.  Plus, looking at the Yahoo DOX page, I found a link to an article by Lenny Dykstra today positive on DOX.  Now if that isn't a recipe for "gap up on earnings" I don't know what is!
  • While I'm just making random earnings plays in the CNBC stock gambling contest, in the real world I'm doing very little.  Tempting to chase something or guess, because the money is hot right now.  The cheerleading is fanatical.  DOW 13,000 sliced through like a hot knife through butter.  Quickly, analysts are pumping DOW 14,000 now.  I remain with a low beta portfolio which is doing fantastic, some cash, and still own a little QID.  Also a few mo-mo names which are actually a little wobbly despite the run-up in the indexes.


In Edit: The RFMD earnings gamble cost me in the CNBC thing. Dropped to top 24%! Hopefully AAPL is pulling me up today. LOL.

blog comments powered by Disqus