Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It's the Last Five Minutes, Stupid!

It's the last five minutes that matter. Take last night's game between the Colts-Titans. When Manning plunged across the goal line, I lost by 1.5 points in my Fantasy Football game.

  • Meanwhile, the stock market gapped up this moring because of "incredible bargains" in stock prices. I didn't hear a bell ring announcing that these were the valuations to buy, did you?
  • Since the open the market has mostly trended a bit down. Uh huh. Watch that last thirty minutes. Or even five minutes.
  • The World Series game last night was postponed because of winter. Er, weather. C'mon, what do folks expect in Philadelphia at the end of October? Maybe they wan't be able to resume playing until May!
  • So I went to bring some leftovers in for lunch. Can I find a match between a plastic bowl and lid? No. I have lids. I have bowls. But no matching set. What happened there? I guess I will just go out to lunch and have leftovers later.
  • And that certainly wouldn't have happened if the Supreme Court didn't steal the election in 2000 for Bush. Obama will fix this next year. Everyone will have matching Tupperware.