Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Negative GDP Rally!

The market celebrated the negative GDP news. Let me guess, bargain hunters? The GDP came in at a -.3%, which was a little better than the forecast. But for those who want to pin another recession on George W. Bush, it looks like we have one of our required two consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth in the books.

But the market has already come down 40%. The stock market has forecasted that the economy would be in some sort of slowdown.

We are also in the end of month strength period, as 401k money gets put somewhere. If folks are still doing that these days. The fear is so thick out there, I'm wondering if folks are just spending the money while they can. Carpe diem and all.

The Sacramento Kings lost a thriller in Minnesota last night after a big surge to close within two. That turned out to be the final score as Kevin Martin missed a jumper near the end of the game to put that one in the books for the TWolves.

And I actually watched an NBA game in October. As a Lakers fan, I normally just wait until the 82-game pre-season winds down in April... Bah.

I'm trying to avoid the candy in the office here at the Fun Factory. Not very successful.

Obama with a crazy lead over McCain. I was listening to the Dennis Miller show yesterday and the callers are down to hoping that the polls are wrong or that folks are answering incorrectly to not appear racist.

Obama is going to win in a landslide, folks. That's not the way I'm voting, but I think we need to hope that he does well. He will be our President. It's in all of our interest that he does well.

Again, not the normal formatting, but tapping this out on my cellphone via a pretty nice bluetooth keyboard. Blogger by email doesn't work well with HTML, but at least I can embed a pic. And why not a pic of Timberwolves cheerleaders?