Friday, January 16, 2009

TGIF Randomosity

  • Today was my official first bike ride of 2009.  Quite rusty I am.  Felt great with temperatures in the mid-60s.  I did have a few geese chase me as I cycled by their nests. 
  • From Yahoo Finance, For the second straight session financials led the stock market lower, but then failed to fully participate in a broad-based rebound.  One still has to wonder how a bull market will emerge when financials make up a big percentage of the SP500.
  • I'm bullish.  Looks like a retest of the lows to me.
  • Circuit City is dead, Jim.
  • White House sees strong economic recovery early in Obama Administration.  Ah, so we can call economic growth "the Bush recovery."  What are the odds Larry Kudlow says that?  LOL.
  • California State Controller John Chiang announced today that his office would suspend tax refunds, welfare checks, student grants and other payments owed to Californians starting Feb. 1, as a result of the state's cash crisis.
  • My coworkers have brought in the sign-up sheets for Girl Scout Cookies.  I always buy a bunch.  I'm home searching through the pantry for snacks, and I see last year's boxes of Girl Scout Cookies.  LOL.