Monday, February 01, 2010

Skimpy Monday

  • racequeen Okay, it WAS an up day.  Volume a little skimpy, though:  As seems to be the trend, Monday’s rally is coming on some pretty skimpy trading activity, which doesn’t exactly exude a whole lot of conviction on the part of traders and investors. It looks like we’ll be lucky to hit 4 billion shares in NYSE composite trading. Snoresville.
  • I suppose for the IBD folks, the next thing to look for is a follow-through day.  Anyone think that’s coming at this point?
  • Japan automakers rising.  And this is just an excuse for me to post a race girl.  Or is that racegirl, one word?  Or race queen?  Or racequeen?  Whatever the search engines need, I suppose.  In Japan, automakers were rising on short-covering, apparently triggered by Toyota Motor's announcement of plans to fix problematic accelerator pedals. The automaker's shares were heavily sold recently after it recalled vehicles in the U.S. and Europe because some gas pedals were sticking.
  • Did you watch the Grammy’s last night?  Usually, I skip celebrities backslapping celebrities. But for some reason, I watched and actually enjoyed most of the spectacle.
  • I was in Reno over the weekend to place my Super Bowl bets.  On the drive up there, I easily convinced myself that the Colts are just going to manhandle the Saints, with points falling like rain.  When I arrived at the sports book to see the Colts favored by 6 and the over-under at 56.5, I just couldn’t do it.  I love Peyton Manning, but I’m taking the Saints +6 and under on a 2-team parlay.  Here’s hoping for a 24-21 game decided on the last play.

blog comments powered by Disqus