Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Who Uses LinkedIn? (The New Miracle IPO: $LNKD)

LinkedIn is going to IPO tomorrow as $LNKD. Shares were projected at $32-35, but will go for about $45.

And then it gets interesting.

I'm not sure I'm a believer in the website. I haven't been there in quite a long time. I suppose somebody must be using it. It sure doesn't seem to have the social aspect to it that Facebook has. Maybe job searchers use it, or folks trying to find former coworkers.

My experience was that I signed up on LNKD, found a few folks I used to work with, sent them a message, and they all replied "I hardly check here, go to my Facebook page."

But I wish LNKD well! I'm sure the IPO will be a big hit tomorrow. It doesn't pass my Peter Lynch "Buy what you know" test, because I don't know folks who spend any time on it.

blog comments powered by Disqus