Wednesday, November 19, 2008

iPhone Apptacular!

Well, almost a week with the iPhone for me. I'm loving it.  I think it's easy to be overwhelmed with the number of applications out there.  This is a quick post to link to 100 iPhone apps you've got to try.

I think the 100 apps list is a good place to start.  I haven't downloaded any games.  The LED Football game on the list will probably be downloaded soon. I just can't resist. I hope I still remember how to play in advance mode.   I've mostly downloaded free apps at this point.  Here are my most-used:

  • BlogPress:  Blog from your iPhone.  Fantastic.  Not free.
  • Byline:  RSS feed reader.  Syncs up with your Google Reader account.  Not free.
  • TrackThing Lite:  GPS tracker for your runs, walks and bike rides.  No more need for a pedometer or bike computer.  FREE!
  • AP Mobile News Network: This is a great app for all kinds of news, sports, and local news. Just enter your ZIP code and it shows you news from local news sources. FREE!

More later.  Defintely not a comprehensive list.  I have 4-pages of apps!  Some I haven't used much or the novelty wore off.  The interesting thing is that with the above apps, I don't use the Safari web browser very much. Most of the information I look at has an app.  Just click and go.