Monday, August 27, 2007

Labor Day Move On Deck?

  • Looks like it was the stock market that turned in its resignation papers today. After a nice (but low volume) move last week, we begin this week with some selling.  More scary thoughts on housing and real estate catch the blame today.
  • It's tempting here to game a Labor Day move"Week before Labor Day is the most positive of all National Holidays for traders."   But I'm already 100% long!  We'll see how that Playbook Rule works.
  • I didn't think "Thank You for Smoking" was THAT great of a movie.  Netflixed it over the weekend, and I was hoping for something more funny or dramatic.  An okay flick, but certainly not worth blowing $9 at a movie theater for.  That's when you feel like you've been robbed.  I hate that feeling when walking out of a theater!  "They stole my money."
  • I've watched some pre-season football by DVRing it, and using the 30-second advance button like there's no tomorrow.  Skipping the mind-numbing Michael Vick comments and watching play after play.  I usually just watch the first teams play; so, two quarters of football and I delete the recording.
  • We're going to hear from Ben Bernanke later this week.  Lord only knows what he'll say about inflation this time.  The only thing consistant about the Fed's comments on inflation is their inconsistancy.  Flip floppers.
  • And finaly, here's a Universal Health Care proposal that none of the 2008 Presidential candidates are talking about on the campaign circuit:

 

Jesus Is My Health Insurance

The Onion

Jesus Is My Health Insurance

I tell you, people these days have lost their faith. Everybody's turning to the television or drugs or the government to solve their problems,...

blog comments powered by Disqus