Thursday, August 23, 2007

Ventriloquism is BACK!

  • Ventriloquism is BACK! Ventriloquist Terry Fator was crowned the winner of NBC's America's Got Talent Tuesday, beating out reggae crooner Cas Haley, beatboxer Antoinette "Butterscotch" Clinton and country singer Julienne Irwin for the million-dollar prize.
  • And that's one of the reason for my diminished blogging the past few.  Yes, I went out and bought a sock puppet and have been practicing my ventriloquism.  I am typing this whole blog entry WITHOUT MOVING MY LIPS! 
  • Well, ventriloquism and 7 hours of meetings everyday this week.  That may have something to do with lack of blogging.  Just haven't been near the PC.  In addition, summer nights.  In Sacramento these days, we have The California State Fair.  So I meandered down there last night in the 100 degree weather for a while.  Not bad.  Not great.  Kind of the same thing year after year.  But it's kind of a "must do" in the city.
  • The market actually looking good from the "low" on thursday.  This is post-options expiration week, and one would expect that the market would take a pause ahead of the month-end stuff.  But with the dramatic swings in recent weeks and what looks to be some sort of panic capitulation last thursday,
  • As I type, the market just sold off a bit and is a smidge in the red.  I remain 100% long.  Not doing much here.  The possibility of a retest of the previous lows is in the back of my mind, but I'm not sure I will try to game that sort of thing.  I believe I have pretty good entry points on my positions.  Pessimism was rampant last week with folks wondering if their money markets were safe or if they should make a run on the banks.  Put-call ratio was unbelieveable.  The buy signals in the Black Box happened last week, too. We've moved up quickly from that panic, so backing and filling would be normal I'd think.  But that's hard to trade.  For me, anyways.
  • Okay, the meeting parade continues.  And the ventriloquism practice.  Did you see me moving my lips on this blog entry?  Huh?  Did ya?

blog comments powered by Disqus