Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Back from Las Vegas

  • Back after a few days in Las Vegas.  Didn't fare too well at the tables or slots, but did well on the sports bets.
  • All I hear and read about is "recession."  A bit of overkill on the pessimism.  It's Christmas.  The eggnog cup should be half full!
  • I haven't started Christmas shopping yet.
  • After just a few days away I feel a bit disconnected from the stock market.   It's getting late in the year to stage any impressive rally to all-time new highs.  I'd expect options week to have a positive influence on stocks, but maybe everyone is in Holiday mode at this point.  Volume will probably be pretty light through the end of the year.  I'm remaining 100% long at this point.
  • Interesting comment in Barron's over the weekend about how the average gain in the DOW is 18% the year after 3 consecutive rate cuts from the Fed.  Of course, now that we know that... ahem.

blog comments powered by Disqus