Monday, December 08, 2008

Monday Randomosity

  • The auto bailout is taking shape. $15B to get them through until 2009 and they're supposed to figure out something by then to fix it.  As the bailout money runs out, because of their bad business model, they'll be back where they are today.  Unless a miracle happens.
  • The Supreme Court refuses to hear Obama's citizenship case.  You know, this is the thing where some believe his "certificate of live birth" was a phony and that he was born somewhere else on the planet.  I don't buy into the conspiracy theory, but I think this is good news for Arnold Schwarzenegger who can now Photoshop himself a certificate of live birth from South Dakota and run for President in 2012.
  • Price of gasoline lowest in 5 years!  Woo!
  • Christie Hefner stepping down as chairman and CEO of Playboy ($PLA).  What about the TV show, Girls Next Door?  Wow, shares up 21% today, just over $2 a share.  Yikes.
  • Over half of rescued borrowers default anyways.
  • Has the stock market hit bottom?  I think so, but wouldn't rule out a retest.  Read the last blog entry for my thoughts.
  • Level 3 ($LVLT) to shed 8% of workforce.  Shares down to 81-cents.  Wow, I remember trading options in this back in 1999.  It was much higher then. 
  • Don't tell me how it ends up (to date), but I'm half-way through season 3 of The Office via Netflix ($NFLX) streaming.  Streaming to the TV via the Roku wireless box.  Right now, Jim is with Karen, but there's the whole Pam-thing going on and I imagine Jim and Karen won't last.