Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Generic Tuesday Blog Entry

* I had a dream last night where I was coming out of the weekend getting ready for school. I couldn't remember my class schedule. All I remembered was that I had PE after lunch. For the life of me, after the weekend, I couldn't remember my locker combination number. I was mad that after only a weekend, I'd forget this kind of stuff. When I woke up this morning, my first thoughts were to get up and to see if I had written down my combination number on something or stored it in my Treo. Then I realized DUH YOU'RE NOT IN SCHOOL! Crazy. Seemed real, though. But you know, the dream had me living at my grandparents who are long gone, with my parents there, and waiting for my dad to drive me to school - which never really happened in real life, either.

* My podcast never seemed to have made it to the storage site, so who knows what happened to it. Can't check it here at the Fun Factory with their site-blocking, so I'll try again later. Or try for another solution.

* Lance Armstrong hit by doping allegations. (And I'm not referring to his bike ride with President Bush last week!)

* Bryan Preston bloggin' at Malkin's site about Iraq and Vietnam comparisons. Good read! I think he makes a great point about the anti-war movement. Will Iraq be a self-inflicted loss?

* Lots of stories the past couple weeks about rising home inventories, and even tales of folks lowering their home prices to sell. I think the housing bubble has burst, and investors are trying to get out while they have big profits. I think housing cycles run in 7 year spans or so, and it may be awhile before the downtrend is over. But I think the downtrend has started.

* The market? Bouncing as I type. Normally, the week after options expiration tend to be down.

* I'll probably have to podcast on the weekends. I can't see the time (or energy) for weekday podcasting.

* When was the last time you had a Ho Ho? (Uh, last night. Found a wrapped one in the back of the freezer. I think it was bought within the last 6 months.)

* After giving up caffeine and diet sodas, I was drinking water only for awhile. Then I made the mistake of having a mineral water. Tasted good, and now I have one of those daily. I probably should get back to water. It seems so boring, but tastes pretty good.

* Do you believe dreams are an expression by your subconscious about your conscious life? Sometimes?

blog comments powered by Disqus