Monday, August 15, 2005

Podcasting

* Well, over the weekend I felt like playing around so I downloaded iPodder and have been listening to various podcasts. For those of you who are further behind that learning curve than I was, iPodder lets you subscribe to various podcasts and automatically downloads them to your computer.

* The stock market? It is options expiration week, and that tends to be positive. And if you want a reason du jour, lets say it was because of Lowes' earnings.

* I bought Madden Football '06 for my Playstation 2, but haven't unwrapped it yet.

* Oh, what are podcasts? MP3 files. Many radio shows, comedies, news shows, preachers from various religions, and common folk make audio files that you can download and copy to your iPod or other MP3 player and listen on the go, whenever you want. More and more radio shows are adding a podcast xml feed, too.

* You can log on to podcast.net and search the directories for topics that interest you.

* Do folks in your office go on vacation to Hawaii, and bring you back chocolate covered macadamia nuts?

* Don't say I didn't warn you. I know what I am about to say will fill you with so much anticipation, that the days will seem to drag on and on from here until the blessed event. Here it comes. If you don't want to read it, skip to the next bullet. Are you still with me? Ashlee Simpson's new CD will be out in October. And yes, she will be on Saturday Night Live (SNL) yet again.

* I found most podcasts last from 15 minutes to an hour. Some are interesting. Some aren't. So like everything else, after the initial honeymoon period I'd probably find myself not listening to many and having tons of MP3 files on my PC. I might listen to one or two on the bike ride or commute, though.

* Is Cindy Sheehan still camped out in Crawford? Is anybody still covering that, or are they off to NY to cover Ashlee Simpson? Or Philadelphia to cover Terrell Owens? Huh?

* When's the last time you had a chocolate covered macadamia nut? (Uh, today!)

* Who says things are going badly in Iraq? We wanted to spread freedom and democracy to Iraq, and looks like we've done it. Reading the news today, I've noticed that just like here in CA and in Washington DC, the new Iraqi government failed to reach agreement in time to meet their deadline, and they had to extend the date. Welcome to the world of politics, my Iraqi friends. We can't ever get an agreement done on time, either.

* If you have a favorite podcast, drop me note in the comment section and clue me in!

blog comments powered by Disqus