Wednesday, August 17, 2005

State Fair

* Retail sales numbers are disappointing, as consumers are spending more at the pump and less at the malls. I think this is helping to create a moderate growth cycle and keep the bull market intact. Otherwise, I think we'd be overheating.

* When was the last time you had a corn dog? (Uh, last night at the CA state fair.)

* Still on the PDA as the Fun Factory was slammed and networks are down.

* My former-former employer is trying to recruit me back. I liked that job, but I like my current one. Plus, I think the future is better here.

* I can't keep track of the daily reasons for oil's ups and downs. I wonder how much of the volatility is trader related?

* Fairs and carnivals are pretty strange. The food is always hyped, but never that good. The carnies seem like nomads.

* On the downslope of August now. Are the stores stocking Halloween stuff yet?

* Gasoline by the gallon is still cheaper than bottled water. And which one is in shorter supply?

* The crowd that goes to the state fair later in the day is a little scarey. One of my friends asked if it was gang appreciation day! But the security seems to be there in large numbers.

* Tired thumbs! (Love the Treo though.)

blog comments powered by Disqus