Friday, October 14, 2005

Friday at the Fun Factory

I've had about enough of this selling!

 
* Whew. It's been quite a week here at the Fun Factory. I'm not one to jinx myself, but friday is looking calm. So far.

* Toral was a complete disaster on The Apprentice. She reminds of the people I really hate to work with. Always full of excuses on why she can't or won't do something, and always picking you apart for whatever you are doing. Good riddance. On a project team, you always have to find something for them to do, but it can't be anything critical. Dressing up in a costume, for example. LOL.

* The market? Well, I sold a bunch of my boring market index ETFs and went into the QQQQ and SMH on wednesday as part of my "Be Aggressive, B-E Aggressive, B-E, A-G-G, R-E-S-S-I-V-E" strategery. I also bought some MSFT heading into the new XBOX 360 release, which I hope will come with lots of hype. (Heck, I might get one). I don't know how any of this will work out, and I could be wrong. And feel free to make fun of me if I am. My thought process here is that the market is going higher over the fall and winter, and the more aggressive stocks will outperform on the upside. We shall see. (Please note that aggressive stocks also get hit worse on the downside, too...)

* Exercise for lower back pain? Read this.

* TV Guide has a new format. I like it. Yes, I subscribe. Well, some kids in da hood had a school fundraiser, so I picked that one. Anyways, they had a big article on "Lost." Fun reading.

* Speaking of "Lost," Hurley did the right thing with the food storage room. Big party.

* I'm hungry. Today's lunch? I think I'm heading out somewhere. Not sure. Feeling like a road trip, though.

* Here comes the MSFT hype for the XBOX 360. Lets see if it moves the stock.

* What time of year is it? Oh, Shortage of Flu Vaccine time of year! Remember this debate last year during the Presidential election? Here we are again, and we have another shortage. I know it's probably all George Bush's fault and all, but it does seem a bit ridiculous to go through this year after year, huh?

* The CPI headline says "Worst in 25 years, but today's inflation shows the core rate a .1% yawner. But that's not what will create noise in the money shows over the weekend.

blog comments powered by Disqus