Monday, October 17, 2005

Yo, Adrianne!

Yo, Adrianne! You like bulls?

 

* The markets?  Options week and lots of earnings coming out.  Should be interesting today, because after the bell IBM is coming out.  Maybe that's why tech is wishy-washy today.   But the DOW and SP500 are holding up.  Truth be told, I think the market is healthier when tech is leading the way.  I like to see semiconductors and the Nasdaq 100 out in front, pulling the Nasdaq up, which pulls the SP500 up, which pulls the DOW up.  I also like to see financials doing well, because they're a big chunk of the SP500 index.  (I think around 20% or so.)

* Sylvester Stallone is signing on to reprise his role as boxer Rocky Balboa in the sixth installment of the long-running film series, which he wrote and will directLink.

* The Chicago White Sox beat the Angels, and that's that for the American League. You could sense after the Game 2 incident, that the Angels lost their focus.  And their pitching just couldn't contain the White Sox bats. 

* Wow, look at Krispy Kreme (KKD).  Yowch.

* Citigroup is moving down after earnings.  That's weighing on the financials (and the market) today.

* Fantasy Football?  I'm in two leagues, and in one I'm rockin' and rollin' while in the other, I'm struggling.  I have viturally the same players in each league, but it's all about who I play.  In the league I'm doing well, I soundly crush teams.  In the league I'm not, I'm consistantly the 2nd or 3rd highest point total every week, but losing to the guy who is 1st that week.  Go figure!

* Here are a few folks painting a bullish picture for the markets.

* Condoleezza Rice does not want to run for President.

* Fantasy Basketball?  We had a draft this weekend, and it's not going to be pretty for me.  More on this as the season goes.

* I'm working from home today.  Didn't feel like going in.  Plus, I'm doing my part to reduce US fuel consumption today.  More folks should work from home.

blog comments powered by Disqus