Friday, October 28, 2005

Quick Hits

* TGIF. I'm ready for a weekend.

* Bill Cara makes a good point about trading with a single technical indicator. Doesn't always work out. It just happens that the RSI is one of my favorites, so his blog entry hit a note with me. I don't find the RSI very useful for short-term trading. I think it works better over the intermediate term, when combined with a few other things that I'm keepin' to myself. (Ya understand...)

* CrossingWallSteet.com has an entry up today, Google Watch. What are Google shares really worth? I don't directly own any shares in it. The memories of 2000 are still fairly fresh in my memory. I'll let others have all the fun with GOOG.

* Speaking of having fun, I'm surprised MSFT turned it around overnight. Now this one I do own, hoping for the product cycle ramp in XBOX 360 and whatever-it's-called new version of Windows. So far, so good.

* Semiconductors are not having much fun. Will the market get far without them? That's hard to imagine. Maybe they bounced a little today intraday, though. And we're entering month-end strength period now, so hopefully they'll rise with the monthly 401(k) contributions tide.

* I'm nowhere near a teen, but I like to watch Smallville. I recorded it last night, so no spoilers, 'k?

* So, Fitzgerald, Scooter Libby all ya got?

* With the huge profits in the oil industry lately, many folks (ahem, Hillary) are calling for a windfall oil profits tax. Who wants to take the opposite side of that argument? OK, I see Larry Kudlow has his hand up. Yes, Larry?

* I don't think it's just you, Roger. Check out his entry on analyzing ETFs. I love ETFs, and that's pretty much all I own. I rotate around to adjust my risk profile from time to time.

* If you like blogs that have weekend reading assignments for you, here's this weekend's list from Seeking Alpha.

* Bloglines mobile! Hey, I use it. Nice to see the improvements!

* The Apprentice last night? I have it recorded, but somebody spoiled it for me. Or should I say, FOUR me. Geez. So I went to Fox News and read up on it. Still looking forward to watching it.

* My cinnamon bears didn't survive the week. All gone. I'm trying to avoid an afternoon trip down to the snack shack, though.

blog comments powered by Disqus