Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Odds and Ends

* One of my coworkers is a home brew kind of guy. He brought me in a few bottles. To disguise the beer, he wrapped the bottles in white paper, and drew halloween faces on them. (Ghosts). I think I'll have me a few watching the World Series.

* I wonder what kind of treatment one would get, if one dropped $241,000 at a strip club? (In a single visit!)

* The stock market? Not a bad day after yesterday's barn burner. It was looking like a bigger down day, but a little rally towards the end helped out. I'm still in an aggressive portfolio at this point.

* This just in from Duke and Duke... Clarence Beeks has shown up with the information on Orange-juice futures, and they're at a 7-year high.

* Bill Cara notes an interesting exchange between Jim Cramer and Maria Bartiromo on CNBC. On Cara's comment log, somebody gave the link to Booyahboy audit, which claims to be following Jim's picks. I don't know about his stock picks, Mad Money is an interesting show. I watch it during my evening work outs. Whenever I see Cramer pick up a chair and throw it against the set wall, it encourages me to another few reps. BOO YAH!

* It'll be interesting when McDonalds includes Nutrition Info on their packages. I wonder if a Big Mac will be divided into 6 serving sizes?

* Are you wondering which financial magazine to buy this month? I'm kind of a Wall St. Journal and Barrons guy myself, but if you like Money, Kiplinger, or Smart Money, Free Money Finance checks 'em out this month.

* Rosa Parks passed away. May she rest in peace.

* There are $73M of unclaimed tax refunds out there, So says the IRS. Where's the IRS lost and found? "You know, I seem to have missed a deduction on my last return. I figure it'd create a refund to me of around $73M. You wouldn't happen to have a surplus in that exact amount laying around, would you?"

blog comments powered by Disqus