Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Cheerleaders Gone Wild!

* Today is election day. Voting? I can't get fired up over it. Nothing on the CA ballot strikes my fancy either way. I think 77 is the right thing to do, for the sake of Democracy. Gerrymandering has made it so that nationwide, only 10% of seats in the House of Representatives are contested. The other 90% are locked up. I'll probably stop after work to vote.

* Looking for the mugshots of the Carolina Panthers cheerleaders? Link. Oh, more on their story here.

Witnesses said the women were having sex in a stall with each other, angering patrons waiting in line to get into the restroom at the club in the Channelside district.

* The market? Kind of interesting today. First chance at a pullback, so we'll see if it's bought up quickly or allowed to linger. Lots of bears not happy that they've missed this move, and they're aching to get long.

* I'd think Comcast and other cable companies are raking in the cash with cable and internet fees. Now, TV on demand. NBC and CBS will offer shows for download for 99-cents. Who needs a Tivo?

* Are we witnessing a new French Revolution? Violence rages in over 300 cities in France. Welcome to the war on terror, folks.

* Those puggles sure are cute. Hybrid dogs!

* I was going to comment that Cheesecake Factory (CAKE) was taking a hit in the markets today, but then I brought up a 2-yr chart. I guess people like cheesecake. That stock is still near the top of its trading range.

* Jumping on the bullish bandwagon. Always a concern, but the crowd usually gets it right during the middle of the trend.

* Here's a shocker... US newspapers suffer from circulation fall. Of course, I didn't find it in the papers. I have all my news feeds bloglined. Now this link will take you to a Financial Times article, which is for subscribers only. Here's a test. Instead of subscribing, go to Google and search for a free version of similar story content. How long did that take? NOT LONG.

* A Freakonomics take on the Raiders-Chiefs game on sunday, titled Loss Aversion in the NFL. He's good.

blog comments powered by Disqus