Saturday, November 12, 2005

Saturday's Quick Hits

College football saturday, Muckie!

 
  • The Microsoft hype is well underway.  A few weeks ago, nobody wanted the stock.  They said Micosoft was a big old software company with slowing revenue growth.  The stock was in the $24s.  It's rallied smartly since then.  The XBOX 360 is coming out November 22nd.
  • Arnold made some Terminator jokes after losing the special election last week.  Something about if he could go back in time and tell him not to have the special election, that's what he'd do.  I think the election was a good idea. How can an election not be a good thing in a self-governing country? 
  • USC Trojans layin' a big hurt to the Cal Bears this afternoon.  Cal was the last team to beat the Trojans, but that's not going to be the case today.  Another big one today:  Alabama-LSU.
  • California continues to lose businesses.  Nissan moving headquarters from California to Tennessee.  1300 jobs affected. 
  • Calculated Risk comments on the passing of management guru Peter Drucker.
  • I think the reality in CA is that we have entrenched gridlock.  I'm not sure if Angelides will beat Arnold next year.
  • Interesting column up at Kiplingers, asking Is Cramer's Audience Mad...Mad Money drives me mad sometimes. It usually happens when I want to buy one of the stocks Cramer recommends. Unfortunately, the trigger-happy traders who watch him invariably bid it up so high that I lose interest.
  • My thoughts on Jim Cramer?  Info-tainment only.
  • I had the Lakers-Sixers game on last night, just at the right time:  The final few minutes.  Iverson almost choked it away with some big misses in the last 2 minutes, and then with less than 10 seconds left an almost turnover from Smush Parker looked to seal the Lakers fate.  Well, the latter would come on the next inbound, as Kobe Bryant missed a three with just  over 4 ticks left.  Kobe hasn't hit a three this year, yet.
  • I don't know what the XBOX 360 will have in multimedia capability, but a blurb I read about it said it will work somehow with the XP media center.  I assume wirelessly.  Which makes me think I threw $200 at the Linksys video extender a bit early.

blog comments powered by Disqus