Friday, November 18, 2005

Friday Quick Hits

  • Fridays tend to move in the opposite direction of the weekly trend, as profit takers book their gains for the weekend. But what happens if the week was sideways? I guess we're finding out. We have had a slight upwards bias the last couple of days. The bears have been trying to talk the market down, but they haven't had much impact.

  • My coworker pre-ordered his XBOX 360 bundle today. Over $600 with the version that includes the 20-gig hard drive, and a few games. He's over 60yrs old. I asked him if it was for his grandkids, and he said "Hell no, this is for me!" Always a kid at heart... Well, when I get mine, I can already feel some competitive online battles are coming up. In HDTV!

  • On The Apprentice last night, the teams had to come up with a song for XM radio's alternative format station. They both put together good songs, but one turned out to be more appropriate for the target audience. In the boardroom, Donald Trump fired Clay. It was about time. I don't think Clay added much to any team he was on.

  • Random Roger's Big Picture discusses Managing Short-Term Emotion today. Yeah, Rog, that's the one that gets all of us I think. Not just in investing, either. Silly emotional creatures us. I'm not sure of a way to divorce emotions from decision making, but at least maybe try to recognize whether I'm thinking with my head or heart/gut.

  • There are lots of negative Bush polls out there, and BlameBush notes today that Clinton More Honest, Better Lover Than Bush. As the blog caption reads, "Because Bush is to Blame for Everything."

  • Cute story up at Kiplingers on raising funds for a school, called Economics in a Nut Roll.

  • Lunch? Veggie burrito.

blog comments powered by Disqus