Sunday, November 20, 2005

Muckdog's Weekend

  • I'm not getting any sell signals using my Black Box trading indicators. Looks to me like the uptrend will continue. At some point, we will get a pullback. But I like that we've closed at a new high for the rally and out of the previous trading range. Maybe some of the mo-mo folks will chase the move now.

  • At a party last night, the topic was "energy bills." Folks are scared to death of what will be in the mail next month. The days here in Sacramento have been warm, but the nights are cool. Folks say their houses aren't warming up, so they're using their heaters. They didn't like my idea of wearing more fleece. But they told me they're going to less Kings games, eating out less, etc. Most of them seem to have started their Christmas shopping earlier than normal, though.

  • I Netflixed "Bewitched" this weekend. Boy, that was a really lousy movie. I'm super happy that I didn't blow good American dollars on this thing at the movie theater. What a stinker.

  • I'm playing the #1 Fantasy team in BOTH of my leagues today. Both of the teams have Ladanian Tomlinson. I have two games on my TV (picture-in-picture), and four Yahoo sports screens up refreshing every 30-seconds. Yes, Fantasy football is like a sunday drug.

  • Lots of XBOX 360 ads in the paper this weekend. Sounds like retailers will have 10-20 each. Not that many. Tuesday morning early they'll be on sale.

  • Drew Brees is having a nice first half. 3 touchdowns. His numbers have come alive the last few games. I think it's a good thing to save Tomlinson's knees and ankles. Especially today when I'm up against him in both my leagues!

  • Almost halftime. I think I'll bug out for a bike ride.

  • I know gold has moved up. But I can't get too excited about the metal. I don't see much inflation out there. The core rate is low. If companies were passing on higher energy costs to consumers, it'd show up in the core. It's not. Not enough pressure on wages. Not huge job growth. While gold has been a great short-term trade for some, I don't think it's in some big long move up.

blog comments powered by Disqus