Thursday, November 17, 2005

Thursday's Other Stuff

  • "I'll take investments that begin with the letter G, Alex." Look at Gold, Google, and GM.

  • Now that's what I'm talking about! A nice move up in the Nasdaq during options week. Lets hope she can build on the gains tomorrow, heading into next week's short week. I don't have a Stock Traders Almanac handy. What are the historical patterns for Turkey week?

  • Big Ben's Investing Blog reviews some XBOX 360 stock plays. I'm not in any of those stocks, but I do own Microsoft. With the chatter about this "must have" gift for Christmas, you'd think somebody will be selling some games for it. (I'd love to see a Grand Theft Auto for it!). Of course, the XBOX 360 with hard drive will cost $399, so how much will folks have left over for games?

  • Lunch was fun. After I saw her, I forgot how good looking she is. Tall, Hispanic, light complextion, intelligent, very funny and energetic. Eh, she's married. But I have a suspicion "funch" would be on the table if I persued it. That's just wrong, though. Won't stop me from daydreaming about it, which according to the Bible is just as bad as actually doing it so I might as well, right? Argh. Life is too complex.

  • Goth decorating channel from beancounters.

  • Want to buy unclaimed baggage?

  • Who needs to read a Dilbert cartoon when you work with the same sort of characters on a daily basis? Not Laura.

  • Now here's a case for Cold Case! A 1,200 year-old murder mystery. I bet they can't find anybody to interview who was around at that time, eh?

  • Amaze your friends! Memorize the Harry Potter FAQ! (Yeah, I'll go see the movie, too).

  • See? It's not just me. Lots of people are watching "Lost."

blog comments powered by Disqus