Sunday, November 27, 2005

End of the Weekend!

  • Yeah, just like that. That's it! Now the shopping madness begins. That means traffic chaos anywhere near the malls.

  • The market had it's 5th up-week in a row, and folks are still wondering if we're going to have a year-end rally. Well, this next week should be interesting with month-end strength from 401k contributions hitting. Maybe that'll be enough to keep us moving up. Yes, we're due for a pullback. I do think a whole lotta bears are extremely frustrated for missing this move.

  • I'm watching the Giants-Seahawks game, because it has huge ramifications for my fantasy football league. If I only had started Joe Jurevicius (or my other two on the bench who outperformed my starters...), I'd have already won. But I benched him this week for Donte Stallworth.

  • So Nick and Jessica split. Big deal. Tom and Katie are still together, right?

  • Jay Feely just missed his 2nd kick in overtime, so overtime continues!

  • I Netflixed Charlie and the Chocolate Factory over the weekend, and I didn't think it was that great. Johnny Depp was too weird. The original with Gene Wilder and the original Oompa Loompas was much better, IMHO.

  • I was saddened to hear that Pat Morita passed away.

  • A few reports of Microsoft Xbox 360s crashing. I wonder what the expected number of problems was? But I'm reading that the folks that are online are loving it.

  • Seattle wins in OT! I'm 3.5 points behind, and I have one guy left. My opponent has none. C'mon Donte!

  • We were having some warm days here, but that has ended and it is suddenly cold. I can only imagine that the heaters are in full-gear at this point, and the natural gas meters are spinning. Should be interesting see how the energy bills come in. Some folks have already been running their heaters non-stop.

blog comments powered by Disqus