Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Wednesday Digest

  • Ah, the Microsoft hype machine is at a fever pitch. MSFT Setup Now Forming, Here's The Details. This is a must read for anyone who has a position in MSFT. This is the reason I bought MSFT in the $24s back in early October. We've had a big move in the stock, and the momentum folks have taken notice. WOOH! I'm not ready to take profits just yet; I'm hoping the XBOX 360 "must have gift" factor really jams the stock higher. (Ugh, did I just use "hope" when talking about a stock I own? Maybe I should sell it.)


  • "The market continues to digest recent gains here in options week." I just wanted to say that. I think that's what Big Media says when stocks seemingly flatline. I think "consolidate" could've been used instead of "digest." But in honor of it being November and Thanksgiving coming up next week, we all should get comfortable with the word "digest."


  • The big mover on Yahoo's search engine is Eddie Guerrero. Wrestling fans pay homage to Eddie Guerrero. He was only 38. Way too young. I can't find any info on how he died. I don't follow wrestling. Okay, I might've watched it some with some buddies when I was in high school, and argued about whether it was real or not. I always took the side that it was all just a show. I never thought you could break chairs over people, and they'd get up a minute later and throw you out of the ring.


  • The CPI core rate comes in at .2%. Still mild inflation. For the year, the core rate is up 2.1%. Treasuries rallying on that.


  • Is Jennifer Lopez going to create a new dancing reality series on MTV? Check out the JLo info. I admit, I love reality shows. I haven't watched the dancing ones. But Tyra Banks has done well with America's Next Top Model, and I do like American Idol. I don't know if JLo would do well hiding on MTV instead of a non-cable network. Should be interesting. Maybe.


  • Things may seem a little upside down in the NBA Pacific. Yes, that would be the Clippers and Warriors at the top of the standings. HUH?


  • Is decaf bad for your heart? When I quit caffeine, I initially drank a decaf in the morning to feed the psychological need (or ritual). I'd come to work, head to the coffee place, and get a cup. I quit that after a few months. And who knows, if I put that $2 a day in a mutual fund for the next million years, maybe it'll amount to something. Bwahhah.


  • I hear a lot about "v-shaped moves" in the market. As if it's too far too fast. The way I feel about the recent move up, is that we need to bust out and over resistance. V-shaped or not. We need to shake folks out of the mentality that we're just moving back and forth in this range. We need some optimism that there is more upside to come. That's what I believe. (I think "believe" is a better word than "hope.")

blog comments powered by Disqus