Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thanksgiving Eve!

  • This may sound silly at this point, but I still hear folks asking "Will we get a year-end rally?" Huh? What do they think we're in? Maybe by the time they figure out that the answer is yes, and plow their money in, it'll be all over.

  • It's quite busy here at the Fun Factory on Thanksgiving Eve. A lot of folks are gone, but those of us here seem to be a little overwhelmed with stuff to do.

  • This is kind of funny. The Official President Al Gore Blog. And make sure to check out a few of the links on the side.

  • I think Microsoft is making the right bet with the online connectivity options, hard disk storage, and HDTV out put on their Xbox 360. I don't think it'll be too long before we're watching TV on demand. I'm sure Sony will have something similar on their Playstation 3. I would think this would lead to monthly subscription fees down the road, don't you?

  • My favorite internet stock for the longterm is Yahoo. I don't own any, but I think Yahoo is the site folks gravitate to for news and email. Google does a nice job searching and blogging. Ebay does a good job as the online flea mart. But I still find myself on Yahoo most of the time. And looking around the office, looks like most folks here are on Yahoo. When they're not working, of course.

  • The market closed higher today, but a little profit taking hit at the end of the day. Like I mentioned earlier, this is normally one of the most bullish weeks of the year. The market will be open for half a day on friday. Volume should be very light. Next week we should see the end of the month 401(k) contributions start hitting on tues-wed through the end of the week. Hopefully, that'll be enough to keep some buying pressure under this market. Of course, there may be those who still ask, "Will we get a year end rally?"

  • I didn't want to mention this, but my Black Box did get a sell signal on the semiconducter holders (SMH). Nothing else that I track in my Black Box has a sell on it, so I'm just watching right now. In addition, data may be skewed during a holiday week. Historically, when the Black Box is working, it generates a signal within a week or so of a turning point. One signal is usually followed by several days of repeating signals. Just watching and noting for future reference.

  • I think the bosses are all gone. So, you might ask, what is the likelihood I'll stick it out here until the end? Pretty likely, within a margin of error of course!

  • Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

blog comments powered by Disqus