Friday, November 18, 2005

Stick a Fork in This Week!

  • Probably the most frustrating thing about folks who are on the wrong side of this market move, is watching it just grind higher. We know the market can have sudden bursts. But when it just kind of inches along, if somebody is leaning the wrong way they get a false hope that "well tomorrow it may decline." It's so gradual, that it doesn't seem possible that it's gone 5% against them. No man's land.

  • The Democrats often say that the middle class is disappearing. No they're not! They're right over there, waiting in line for their Microsoft XBOX 360!

  • I've mentioned before that I think the next big fiscal crisis in the US will be underfunded pensions. Lots of pension funds have overpromised benefits, overestimated returns, and are underfunded. It may not just be a US issue, either. For some good thoughts on the matter, Bill Cara has two blog entries up: The next great financial accident and More on the dire pension funding issue. And who will be on the hook if Big Pensions go under? Well... You, you silly little taxpayer you.

  • With oil prices falling, we're not hearing much about energy prices on the news anymore. As Michelle Malkin notes, with the hysteria gone, Big Media has "taken their marbles and gone home." Gawd, I love that expression.

  • Motley Crue making a new studio album?

  • I've recently gotten in the habit of turning on Jim Cramer's Mad Money during my in-home workout. I'm not sure how that happened, but when I get home (around 6pm Pacific), CNBC is replaying Booyah Boy's show. It's almost a motivation. "Crap, Cramer's on!" I put on my sweats and hit the weights. Sometimes, I even join in on the "Hallelujahs!" But, I don't trade his stock picks. For info-tainment only.

  • I don't know if I'll be a vegetarian on Thanksgiving or not. Sometimes, I'll have a small slice of turkey. Eh, sometimes. We'll see.

  • I think financial planning should be a required class for high school seniors.

  • The TVNewser blog talks about TV News. Look at the TV rankings of the cable news shows...

  • I'm a fan of 70's Canadian rock band April Wine. Yeah, they had some songs before then and after then, but I think that was their glory years.

  • While Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is ready to hit the box office, me (Netflix fool), just received Bewitched in the mail. Sure, I'm a few months behind the real world and I may never catch up. But, I'll see the movie. I'll give you my review of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire around Lincoln's Birthday. Stay tuned! ;)

blog comments powered by Disqus