Monday, June 20, 2005

Media Monday

* I rarely go to the movies anymore. I'd much rather just watch them at home. I signed up for Netflix last year, and that's been a great move. I get through 12-15 movies a month. This weekend I saw The Aviator, which was an outstanding movie. I really liked it. Hat tip to Leo. Good job.

* The market? Flat as a pancake. I still have a sell on tech and semis, but I remain long the big index.

* Also saw Shall We Dance, with Richard Gere and Jennifer Lopez. I saw the Japanese version a few years back, and enjoyed it. I thought the US version was pretty good, too.

* Amazingly busy here at the Fun Factory. Lots of people in my office all the time, so my web activity has taken a nose dive. That means blogging, too! In addition, lunch breaks or any kind of breaks at all. This is normally when I have quiet time to do work now.

* Big win by the Spurs yesterday. I think Robert Horry has an amazing story. He just makes big shots, year after year. Spurs up 3-2!

* Speaking of sports, lots of local rumblings by Sacramento Kings fans on higher ticket prices. Somebody said for 2 seats in a good area is costing him over $10K per year. I used to have season tickets, but for goodness sakes all the games are on TV now. I have the big screen at home, with instant replay, and all the snacks and beer I want. No driving hassles, either. Sure, it’s fun to go to the games, but I’d rather watch it at home. I think at $10K per year, that’d go for an awesome media room. You’d get your sports, and Netflixin’ would be great, too!

blog comments powered by Disqus