Friday, June 24, 2005

TGIF

* It's been a heckuva week. I have a week under the belt after my promotion now. My boss came by and said "Nothing like trial by fire." Yeah. Well, it's been rough, and I'm mentally whipped.

* I was interviewing folks all day today. Quite an interesting group. It's tough trying to find a good fit. I always wonder if who talk my ear off are BSing me. On the otherhand, some folks have poor communication skills and you kind of are pulling for them to spit it out.

* Who has time to look at the market? Well, I peaked... Down again. I think there's been underlying weakness for a couple weeks since I had the sell signal on tech. I don't think we're done yet. I'm wondering if month-end and July 4 will be a positive catalyst for the market. I guess the press will say that it's worried about oil or whatever. I don't think that matters as much. We had a little run since mid-May, and it's normal to consolidate before another move up. I think the underlying fundamentals are bullish. I'm long the total market, and will rotate a percentage to tech whenever I get a buy signal.

* The Spurs! It wasn't easy. I was here late, and forgot about the game. Got home in time to watch part of the 2nd half.

* Last night's problem was a vendor issue, so they FTPed a patch. Lame.

* Beer.

blog comments powered by Disqus