Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Okrent-Krugman Fight at the OK Corral

* I did a google search for Daniel Okrent and Paul Krugman because of the catfight, and came across Donald Luskin's site. He's having a contest for the most outrageous "Krugmanisms" in various categories.

You can participate, and win free stuff!

* Got to the Fun Factory too late for oatmeal, so had a breakfast burrito. Uh, a little difference in the healthiness of my breakfast this morning. I skipped the meat and cheese, but they were out of Egg Substitute. So, I had real eggs. Yeah, like the ones from chickens. The whole thing was just kind of greasy and salty. I don't see how folks eat this kind of stuff day after day. (I guess that's what keeps Pepcid flyin' off the shelves!)

* The stock market continues to act well, participating in the month-end strength and acting well to economic numbers that aren't too hot, aren't too cold, but are just right. I think after the next few days, we're likely to get a pullback. I'll probably lower my beta by selling the Nasdaq stocks, and getting more diversified into the total market. Keep an eye on oil, it's inching higher. Interest rates are going lower again, so maybe we'll see some refinance-wave again? It'll be good for housing this summer if rates stay down.

* One of the best Krugmanisms I saw from that link above, was from an interview Krugman did on Tim Russert, debating Bill O'Reilly:

"Compare me … compare me, uh, with anyone else, and I think you’ll see that my forecasting record is not great."

Indeed! And right from the horse's mouth...

* Finaly watched the season finale for Lost. Okay, so they blew that hatch open and it's not the Stairway to Heaven. It's a long shaft down. Of course, we'll have to wait until the fall to see where that goes. That has been a very interesting show, and has had a great first season. I love the flashbacks into the individual characters. Now that they've done that, what's next?

* Christian Slater arrested for groping a woman's buttocks.

* The Miami-Detroit series is a good one. Many will call this series the one for "all the marbles." But, don't discount the Spurs. (Yeah, you can discount the Suns at this point...)

* USA Today (via Yahoo) has a story out on the housing bubble.

* Be back.

blog comments powered by Disqus